The Watching World

The Watching World
They shall know us by our love!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Other Side

I’ve had this experience in life where what I perceive to be real was in fact not real at all. Some of these experiences have been spiritual in nature because they pertain to how I’ve understood God, or rather misunderstood God; how I’ve understood scripture, or rather misunderstood scripture; how I’ve understood the nature of prayer, or rather misunderstood the nature of prayer. When God, scripture, and prayer create 98% of your worldview, you can imagine how jarring it can feel to have someone or something come along and tilt the axis on which your world has spun for more than 30 years. At times the jolt is so overwhelming that I choose not to accept it and simply continue along my merry way. It may be truth, but truth is not welcome when it comes to such a high price. The hollow cavity it creates in the pit of my stomach cannot be worth whatever awaits on the other side, or so I tell myself. And that works for a while . . . . .
[re]Understanding prayer page 3-4

Wanderer101

No comments: