The Watching World

The Watching World
They shall know us by our love!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Oyster and the Pearl

I wondered about oysters and pearls...I wondered if oysters ever got used to the irritant that caused the pearl. Not being an oyster, but realizing that they keep covering up the irritant to make it more acceptable to live with, made me realize, that when God doesn't remove an irritant, we can 'cover' it to make it more acceptable...We ARE supposed to be gems in His crown aren't we? The gates of the Holy City are going to be massive pearls.... anyway....
Irritants can be lodged in our body, our heart, and our soul....The question is...what are we covering our irritants with? I think...if we cover them with love, prayers, hope, kindness...that we will create a beautiful pearl...one of great value...

I suppose the oyster could allow the irritant to make him/her irritable...which would be fruitless...as that does nothing to remove the irritant....

Anyway...for those things that are irritants in your life today...may they all become Pearls of Great Price.

A Fellow Traveler

No comments: