The Watching World

The Watching World
They shall know us by our love!

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Poverty of the Soul

Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
Mother Teresa

I recently heard someone talk about how blessed we are in the United States because of all the things God has given us. But, what of the poverty of the soul of which Mother Teresa speaks? How can we be most blessed if we are the most lonely, the most separated from one-another?

I understand it has become too easy for me to go to church, sit in neat rows, sing, listen to a preacher and leave. My soul feels the depth of poverty that comes from living within my little world as I rush about being busy doing such good things.

How can I connect to another believer and share concern, care, and love for those in greatest need? Christ came to give His life, what am I giving for the great poverty of soul that I see in the Body of Christ?

Wanderer101

No comments: