The Watching World

The Watching World
They shall know us by our love!

Friday, May 4, 2007

We are Frail Beings

Hebrews 4:14-16 (ESV)14 Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as weare, yet without sin. 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.


As I sit in my office and listen to Celtic harp music playing I ponder the significance of what it means that Jesus is touched by the reality of my frailty [v. 15]. There are times when I clearly sense the depths of my frail being and the reality that Christ enters into my sorrow and suffering gives me hope in the midst of the deep valleys. My desire is to walk through the valley even as David describes, and yet, there are times when the path seems dark.
And in the midst of the journey God brought wonderful, kind and encouraging words for me from His children. I rejoice that I have friends that can hear the voice of the Spirit and allow Him to lead them to send an email at just the right moment.
Wanderer101

No comments: