The Watching World

The Watching World
They shall know us by our love!

Monday, July 16, 2007

Strength of the Body

"It is very easy to overestimate the importance of our own achievements in comparison with what we owe others." Dietrich Bonhoeffer
I have been reflecting on this thought the past few weeks as I listen to my words and understand how much I have been impacted by many other members of the Body over the years. I think of the countless hours Jacques invested in me during our ministry together. He was always kind and patient but he would keep forcing me to deal with the core issues of life. He had lived most of his life on the edge of life and death and this allowed him to understand what was truly important and what was just the noise we generate trying to make ourselves sound smart or important. He was a true mentor, friend, and companion on the journey to conformity to our Jesus.
Wanderer101

No comments: