John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.It is so amazing to reflect on the thought of God, in flesh, walking, talking, living here in this world. The more I meditate on this marvelous truth the more I come to understand the multifaceted dimensions of the ‘why’. It was easy for me to simply put it under the heading that He needed to come so He could accomplish salvation on the cross. But, the more I thought on the ‘why’ the more I came to realize the smallness of this view. He was born into this world to accomplish more than this final act, even as I am born again to accomplish more than going to heaven. And then I am faced with the question, Do I truly want to allow the Living Word of God dwelling in me, to become flesh? Do I want to live my faith, this new life, in such a way that when people see me they see the glory of God, and when they see my actions they sense the grace and truth of my holy Abba Father? What would an incarnate life look like for me, today, in our culture, ?
The Watching World
They shall know us by our love!
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Incarnate Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment