The Watching World

The Watching World
They shall know us by our love!

Friday, December 22, 2006

Where is Hope?

If we are to discover a hope that continues through shattered dreams, that hope must be available to every one regardless of their circumstances. We must find a hope available to sick people, poor people, lonely people, unnoticed people. And it must be the same hope we offered to healthy, rich people with lots of friends and talent. We must discover a hope that thrives when dreams shatter, when sickness advances and poverty worsens and loneliness deepens and obscurity continues, the same hope that anchors us to God when dreams do come true.
How can I live with hope when life is collapsing and darkness looms on the horizon? What is hope when I feel the pain of those I love and know that the 'good life' is not waiting just around the corner? Where is hope when silence and pain is so strong?
That hope comes only from knowing God as my Abba Father and walking with my hand in His in a moment by moment existence. A hope that allows me to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in my inner man, to be rooted and grounded in His love, and to be able to comprehend with fellow travelers on this journey what is the breadth and length and depth and height and to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge, that I might be filled with all the fullness of God.
I know the reality of shattered dreams and I know the struggle of trying to put life together again, to renew my faith in God when it seemed He did not answer in darkness.
I understand the reality of attempting to comprehend the possibility that the greatest blessings I can know is to be placed in a situation where all I have to hold is my faith, faith that God understands and knows and will welcome me and all His children with open arms when we finally leave the sufferings of this world?
I faced the question, 'What if God did not promise me the good life in this part of the journey? and began a new path in my journey towards knowing God in a new way.

Wanderer101

No comments: