The Watching World

The Watching World
They shall know us by our love!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Shadows

As I look back over my life I wonder how much of it was spent in the shadows. I had escaped the darkness through coming to accept the gift of salvation provided by God through Jesus Christ, but somehow I missed what it meant to walk in the light. I lived a life between the darkness and the true light and freedom promised by God. I looked at the freedom and was not sure I could accept it, I feared all it could mean in my life.
I thought about the words of Christ, 'You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.' But I did not comprehend the depth of the message. I dedicated myself to knowing about God from the Bible, but somehow this did not give me the freedom Christ seemed to be offering.
And then one day a thought occured to me, what if the truth was not only the written word, but was also the living Word of God, the 'logos'? John told us that Christ is the way, the truth, and the life, the word 'logos' of God and that knowing God and and Jesus Christ whom He has sent is the very definition of life eternal.
The more I thought on these things the more I came to understand what it means to walk in the light as He is in the light. And the fear of the light was overcome by the light of knowing God and understanding what it means to be free in Him.
To walk from the shadows to the light of freedom.

Wanderer101

No comments: