The Watching World

The Watching World
They shall know us by our love!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Measuring my day

How does God measure my day? I am prone to think about the checklist I was able to accomplish in the day. Did I finish the tasks I had planned for the day? But, what if God had a different way of measuring my day? What if the true measure of my day was how much love I put into my deeds every day? I am prone to look at the externals, the activities but God desires my heart. The true measure of my day is not in my doing, but in my being. Was I constrained by the Love of God moment by moment throughout the day? I must ask myself, 'Why am I doing this?' Are my actions driven by the routines and demands of life and work, or am I truly living in the presence of God and His love?

Wanderer101

No comments: