In the last few years I have come to understand in a much deeper way the reality that life is a journey I am sharing with the children of God. We are all at different places on the journey and each has brought a wide variety of helpful provisions and heavy burdens. But the more I comprehend the depth of this truth, the more I am confronted with the fact that my Father has called me to share this journey and to be engaged in a love relationship with the other pilgrims on the path.
While the reality of this truth has given me the freedom to engage the other travelers in meaningful dialog it has also helped me understand that I must enter into their journey and share with them in the sufferings and joys of the path.
As I contemplate the depth of this truth I wonder at the implementation. Can I be truly moved with compassion as I look at those fellow pilgrims who have wandered far from the path and have found the pain and sorrow of this world overwhelming them? Can I step into the depth of their agony and bring healing and comfort to the brokenness?
My prayer is that God would allow me to weep over those who are as sheep wandering in the wilderness and be the shepherd of God to them.
Wanderer101
The Watching World
They shall know us by our love!
Sunday, June 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment