The Watching World

The Watching World
They shall know us by our love!

Friday, June 8, 2007

Walking by Faith

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
As I have been reflecting on this issue of faith and what it means for my daily life I fear it comes in direct contrast with my desire to control many aspects of my life. The writer of Hebrews seems to be contrasting faith with a high degree of certainty as he talks about ‘things hoped for’ and ‘things not seen.’ As I look at this moment in my life I find a great desire to know what will happen in the following moment and the one after that and the one after that. But, what if I really did know all the joys and sorrows that would come to me in this journey, could I survive the immensity of the emotions I would feel?
And, so, back to the issue, what does faith look like for me in my journey. Is the reality that God has shielded me from the future one of His great blessings. Can I learn to be content to simply walk in faith as Paul challenged the believers in Cornith?
As the writer continues in this chapter with a multitude of examples of ‘by faith’ I find that faith is at the very core of my walk and life.
Wanderer101

No comments: