The Watching World

The Watching World
They shall know us by our love!

Friday, August 3, 2007

Conversation Partner

Creating identification means taking the postmodern world seriously and addressing it from a collaborative rather than an adversarial stance. A postmodern world demands a pulpit willing to be a viable conversation partner. -- Breaking the Missional Code.
What would it mean for the church to actually become a viable conversation partner with those who are outside the family of God? It seems so easy to talk at people, but much more difficult to engage in their journey and hear the questions that come from their lives. I suspect that the first step I would need to take is to stop spending my life in a little office and begin to step out onto the stage of life and engage fellow travelers. I wonder if I even know the questions any more. Or, have I been disengaged from the reality of life too long?
Wanderer 101

No comments: